Our client (located in Stamford, CT) is seeking a Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master who will manage and oversee critical program and project areas. This role will lead scrum teams and drive the various scrum ceremonies including scrum of scrum on large programs and will also be accountable for roadmap management and quality delivery of large, complex projects as needed. This includes scope, budget, and stakeholder management as well as ensuring business value realization. This role will ensure that projects are planned and executed in a manner consistent with company strategy, commitments, goals, and standards.
What you’ll do:
- Leads and manages teams associated with complex projects of varying types and sizes, applying the appropriate project management principles, techniques, and methodologies (Agile/Scrum, Waterfall) tailored to the individual project to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery.
- Drives core project communications including communications plan, status reporting, executive updates, and ad hoc presentations.
- Partners closely with business owners and subject matter experts to define project goals, objectives and priorities.
- Works with business and product owners and IT managers to ensure that project scope is fully defined, managed and controlled. This includes identifying scope exclusions, tracking business and technical assumptions and communicating constraints.
- Conducts project team and stakeholder meetings, appropriately elevating issues of scope, schedule, cost, and customization for executive-level review and disposition.
- Identifies and manages project risks and issues, developing plans to assess, manage, track, report, escalate, and mitigate them.
- Partners with resource managers to build a resource plan and manages a matrixed team comprised of team members in various locations in the US as well as India.
- Identifies and manages cross-project and internal dependencies to ensure alignment and successful delivery of critical milestones.
- Partners with the Finance PMO team members to proactively propose process-improvement and best practice initiatives and implement them, when approved. This ensures constant future state thinking vs. “lift and shift”.
- Manages all aspects of the project financials.
Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- 5-7+ years of project management/scrum master experience developing project charters, plans, work breakdown structures; risk and issue resolution; as well as sprint planning and execution, testing, and release planning
- Management of teams in both matrix and project-team organized environments
- Scrum Master certification and training in Agile methodologies highly desired
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly desired
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Goal-oriented, self-directed individual who needs little supervision
- Strong team player with the ability to manage others through teamwork and relationship building skills
- Strong leadership skills (clear direction, respect, consistency, decisiveness, accountability, conviction, cooperation)
- Proven ability to manage geographically dispersed teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive schedules and multiple project deliverables
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders within business and IT, at different levels of the organization
- Quick study with the ability to learn and operate effectively in new environments
- Critical thinking with excellent judgment and initiative
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, and MS Project (and/or other project management tools)
- Proficiency with Google Drive, WebEx and Skype
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Apttus CPQ solutions are plus
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence a plus<.li>
email email@example.com their resume, target rate and how they match the requirements.