This course, which will prepare you for the PMI-PMP certification exam, will be held over five Saturdays from 16 Oct 2021 through 13 Nov 2021, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Based on Version 6 of the PMI PMBOK (the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge) and the PMI APG (Agile Practice Guide), this course is a comprehensive review of each of the ten Knowledge Areas addressed in the PMBOK (as relative to the five Process Groups and as applicable to the 49 PMBOK Processes) assisting the student preparing to sit for the recently updated PMI-PMP exam (exam changes effective January 2, 2021).
Instructor-led lecture (live, not pre-recorded) will present the subject matter as documented in the PMBOK and APG, and as tested by PMI in the PMP Exam. The instructor will also facilitate 'in-class' practice exams as well as guide students in the use of an online exam simulator. Students will be provided with a 60-day subscription to the PMaspire PMI-PMP Prep exam simulator web site.
- Review PMBOK content as related to 10 Knowledge Areas, 5 Process Groups and the 49 individual Processes.
- Conduct a 25 question baseline test during the first session and facilitate exam Q&A simulations (one per Knowledge Area) during the course.
- Review practical solutions to problem solving questions as presented on the exam.
- Review tactical solutions to situational questions as presented on the exam.
- Discuss proven study and test-taking techniques to maximize exam preparation time.
- Facilitate the students' completion of the Q&A practice tests (these practice tests taken outside class on student time).
- Coach the students on the use of the online exam simulator.
- Coach the students on the exam application process.
- Maximize first time pass rate for all participating students.
Students are expected to purchase and read (preview) the PMI PMBOK Version 6 (Project Management Body of Knowledge) and the PMI APG (Agile Practice Guide) before the first class.
- “Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)—Sixth Edition”, ISBN13: 978-1-62825-184-5 (publisher: Project Management Institute, 2017).
- “Agile Practice Guide”, ISBN: 978-1-62825-199-9 (publisher: Project Management Institute, 2017).
John Sherlock is an accomplished and credentialed Project Management Professional with over 40 years of experience in the energy, financial, telecom and automotive industries as well as in academia. John is currently an Adjunct Professor at Rockland Community College (SUNY); and until recently, an IT Program Manager with Volvo Cars of North America. John is a PMP, a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, a Certified Six Sigma Instructor, a PMI-ATP Certified Instructor and also credentialed in the areas of software development, IT governance, risk, and audit.
A Doctoral candidate in Computer Science at Pace University, Professor Sherlock’s academic credentials include:
• MBA in ITDM (Information and Technology Decision Management) from Iona College
• Certificate in eCommerce from Iona College,
• MS in Telecommunications from Iona College,
• Bachelor of Technology from New York Institute of Technology.
• PMI-ATP Authorized Training Instructor, Certified 2020
• CDPSE (Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer), Certified 2020
• Qualtrics Certified (Silver Insight Professional), Certified 2017
• CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control), Certified 2010
• MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) – Microsoft Project, Certified 2009
• CISM (Certified Information Systems Manager), Certified 2009
• CSSLP (Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional), Certified 2008
• CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT), Certified 2008
• CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), Certified 2008
• PMP (Project Management Professional), Certified 2007
• Six Sigma Instructor, Certified 2007
• Black Belt Level in the Six Sigma Quality Assurance Methodology, Certified 2007
Thru Friday, 01 Oct 2021: $845 for PMI Westchester and other PMI Chapter Members; $1045 for non-members.
After Friday, 01 Oct 2021: $995 for PMI Westchester and other PMI Chapter Members; $1195 for non-members.
Last date to register is Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
Payments must be made in advance by PayPal or by check (payable to PMI Westchester).
Virtual Zoom Meeting. Registrants will receive the log-in instructions for the Zoom session on the day of the meeting.